Being a group of young scientists and consultants, we created RegioPortal with the people interested in local and regional development on our minds. It is mainly addressed to the mayors of towns and cities, as well as for other leaders and workers of local and regional government, but also the academics, entrepreneurs,NGOs and local/regional development supporters should find it interesting.
Our aim is to provide our readers (free of charge) with complete knowledge and information on managing territorial entities, as well as on processes of local and regional policy planning and implementation.RegioPortal is a unique Polish web-based initiative designed to gather and mainstream theoretical and practical knowledge on the functioning of Polish local andregional authorities.
The RegioPortal's mission is to support the local and regional authorities in the formulation and implementation of the pro-development policies, together with gathering and mainstreaming the knowledge on local and regional development.
To realise this mission:
- we prepare and publish interesting and trustworthy articles and publications;
- we gather and mainstream the products of Polish and foreign research on local and regional development;
- we inform of the major latest developments at home and abroad
- we search the press and other media for interesting news and articles;
- we promote interesting initiatives and projects
- we actively support the institutions promoting local and regional development
- we prepare and deliver our readers the tools facilitating local and regional entities' management
- we unite the local/regional authorities and the academics
We acknowledge the fact that the realisation of RegioPortal's mission is a complex, long-term task and requires the cooperation of different partners. Therefore, we encourage all institutions supporting and promoting high standards of local and regional governance to contact us and cooperate with us. We shall be glad to inform our readers on the interesting initiatives and conferences organised in Your countries. Please do not hesitate to inform us also, should You look for partners or employees from Poland.
We encourage You strongly to contact us under: email@example.com